Kershaw Bareknuckle 20cv Overview
Like the other knives(Kershaw Bareknuckle 20cv ) inspired by the original Zero Tolerance 0777, the Bareknuckle, model 7777TANBLK, is based on the style of their original award-winning design, but this one offers a slimmed-down profile and upgraded materials. And it’s a built-in-the-USA beauty exclusively available through the KnifeCenter.
The blade is CPM-20CV, which provides enhanced toughness and resistance to edge chipping. It also delivers superior hardness, corrosion resistance, and excellent edge retention. The 7777TANBLK’s blade has Kershaw’s black DLC coating which adds non-reflectivity and enhances performance.
The Bareknuckle comes with handsome, anodized-aluminum handles in champagne gold. And like the popular Knockout, the Bareknuckle features Kershaw’s patented Sub-Frame Lock to lighten in-pocket weight and to ensure safe blade lock up while in use. The blade opens manually with Kershaw’s KVT ball-bearing system and a flipper. For an additional touch of style, the blade rotates out of the handle on an oversized pivot. The Bareknuckle is complete with a reversible, deep-carry pocket clip for convenient carry on the left or right. The Kershaw Sub-Frame Lock covered under US Patent 9,120,234.
- Flipper – May be used with manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Manual – There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Sub-Frame Lock – One side of a lightweight handle, or frame, fitted with a steel plate integral to the frame; it is the part of the frame that moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. Sub-Frame Lock knives can be larger and lighter knife yet with an extremely secure lock.
- Reversible – Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Made In The USA – When you see this on one of Kershaw’s knives, it means the knife was made in their Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.